Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

My Little "Buddy" Heater

The weather for the past 2 weeks has been unseasonably warm here in the Yuma area, with night time lows in the high 50's to low 60's,so using a heater has not been necessary.But prior to arriving here,we had some cool frosty nights that went into the mid 20's,and my little Buddy Heater by "Mr.heater"has been a great addition to my little trailer home.
Such- silent- warm- even- heat it gives compared to the furnace,and one of the big reasons for it,is the battery savings, by not having to use the furnace when boon docking.
I have it hooked up to a 12 ft hose that goes through the storage compartment to the propane compartment.At this point it's hooked up to one of the 20lb bottles via an "extend-a-stay" fitting,so is always ready to use.It travels hooked up and sitting under the table.
I have added the filter at the heater end as recommended for use with the large propane tanks.
This set up gives me over 100 hours of use per tank full.

To make it more efficient,I have added a small 12 volt pancake fan out of a computer,that sits above the heater catching the rising heat and spreading it around,drawing only 0.12 amps at 12 volts,uses practically no power at all compared to the amount of air it moves.

This has been a wonderful addition to my small 21 ft. trailer,and I have not yet needed the use of the high 9000BTU setting,only the Low 4000BTU of this Ceramic radiant heater.And yes I crack open a vent and a few windows with no ill effect yet...yet...yet...yet..yet..yetttttttzzzz!


In our "Birds that come to visit" feature,is today the "Cactus Wren."This is the little rascal that likes to enter my van through the sometimes partially opened, side sliding door.He will poke around looking for goodies.I enjoy his raspy sound as he usually sits on a nearby cactus.


No comments:

Post a Comment