Search This Blog

Sunday, January 4, 2009

Rain today

This is my Tapadera Estates(Agassiz B.C.) home as of yesterday,so I shouldn't complain about the downpour here on the desert right now.Thankyou Kathy.
I feel like this saguaro looks after having my last text disappear,and on top of that we have thunder and lighning to welcome our dawn today.Oh well! More laptop time I guess.




I wanted to mention this little Loggerhead Shrike that perches on the tree outside my door every morning and has the biggest vocabulary of sounds that I've heard outside of the Curved Billed Thrasher's warblings.

This little guy has 6 or 7 different sounds that he does all in succession over and over again and will stay on that same branch for over half an hour at a time, calling . He's either happy or calling for food as one of the sounds he makes sounds just like a parakeet.


1 comment:

  1. Enjoying your blog, Willy...almost feel we've been there. RSL

    ReplyDelete